K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, December 8, 2023

Gingerbread Man Word Boxes

 Today we began our kindergarten day doing our math MAP testing. They all did AMAZING! I was so proud of how well they all took their time to do their best on the test and finished it with confidence! Way to go, K-1 and K-3 friends! 


After the testing they went to music and gym which was then followed by our last activity of the day. I read them another cute gingerbread story called Gingerbread Friends. They loved reading this one and finding out how the lonely gingerbread found some new friends so he wasn't alone anymore. Next, I showed them a gingerbread man word box activity. In the middle of a piece of paper, it had a picture of the gingerbread man where I asked my kinder friends to write their name in that same box. Around the middle box there were 8 blank boxes. I asked my kinder friends to draw a picture of 8 things that were in any of the gingerbread man stories we read, color them, and write the words of what they drew. I was blown away and honestly brought to tears because I was beyond proud of ALL of my kinder friends. Seeing them all excited about writing and writing with such ease and confidence made my heart so proud and happy. I couldn't believe how well they are all writing the words on their own using their "brave spelling." They are writing the words on how they sound to them when broken up into sounds. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! Today was such a wonderful day in both classes and I couldn't be more proud of their progress! Here are some pictures I took during our word box activity. Their smiles say it all! 💗

























Have a great weekend, everyone!