K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 With it being George Washington's birthday on February 22nd, we spent some time today learning about him and why he is so important. The class LOVED learning about George Washington from watching a Brainpop Jr. movie and taking a quiz together as a class after. Both classes got all the questions right on the quiz. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! They were EXCELLENT listeners and I was so impressed with all they learned about George Washington. After that, we did George Washington TLC project. When doing these projects, it is so fun to see how well my kindergarten friends are listening to my directions as they are making theirs on their own following my step-by-step directions. Their George Washington's all turned out amazing! Here are some pictures of my kindergarten friends making their projects:












In the morning we had a little more time since we didn't have gym and music so we did a math game called Race to 100. The class LOVED playing it! For this game, I gave them the game and a die. The point of the game was to see how many times they needed to roll their die to get to 100 at the end. As they rolled they kept track by making tally marks at the top of their page as they colored. They had so much fun playing this game today. As they were playing, they were looking around the room with excitement to share the amount they rolled on their dice. It was cute! Here are some pictures of my morning friends playing the game:












It was such a fun day in K-1 and K-3! I am SO impressed with all my kindergarten friends are learning! Have a great night, everyone!