K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, August 20, 2021

 It was a wonderful 2nd day in K-1 and K-3! Both classes were so excited to have their first gym class with Mrs. LaRoe in the gym and their first music class with Mr. Mead in the music room. When I picked them up from Music and Gym they were smiling from ear to ear and they couldn't wait to tell me all about the fun things they did today.  For the remainder of our kindergarten day, we talked about kindergarten routines and we did a lesson where the kids learned about what to do and not to do with pencils and crayons. I was so impressed with all their answers and how well both classes listened during the lesson today. During this lesson, they had a lot of practice working on their fine motor skills to ensure they traced the dotted lines correctly and traced the letters from the top to the bottom. In kindergarten, it is very important for them to learn that when they are writing, they ALWAYS write their uppercase and lowercase letters from the top to the bottom. We did a little song to go with that concept. They ALL did a wonderful job tracing and when they were finished, I asked them to color the pictures and letters with their crayons ensuring they were coloring in all the "peek-a-boo" spots. That means they were coloring an area with small strokes until all the white spot was colored with crayon. I was amazed with how well they did and I was so proud of how well they are following our kindergarten routine! Way to go, K-1 and K-3! Here are some pictures from our fun day:


































It was such a great first few days in K-1 and K-3! I am excited to start Jolly Phonics and math next week with all my kindergarten friends. You are going to be amazed how much they grow as learners each and every day! I am so lucky I get to teach these adorable little ones each and every day! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!