K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Monday, October 18, 2021

 We were busy owls today in kindergarten. I taught the class the rhyme of "5 Little Pumpkins Sitting On a Gate." They loved saying the rhyme together and doing the motions to go along with it! After we learned the rhyme, I did a BIG "Listen and Do" activity with the class where we made a 5 Little Pumpkins project following my step-by-step directions. For this project, we used many different shapes of colored construction and I taught them how to cut, fold and glue the pieces together until our whole project was finished in it's entirety. This project was hard because it had a lot of steps and it had a lot of different cuts they needed to make with their scissors when creating specific shapes. I was SO impressed with how well they did on the project and both classes were so excited to show me them when they were done. Everyone did a fabulous job following my directions and putting it together on their own. I was so excited to hang them up in our hallway for all of Olive to see! Here are some pictures of the projects the class made today and I can't wait for you to see them when all of you come for parent/teacher conferences!






Have a fabulous night, everyone!