K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Monday, January 24, 2022

With it being the month of January and the weather getting colder and snow beginning to fall, we have been doing a lot of activities in the classroom with snowmen. I am absolutely amazed with all they are learning in my classroom and each time I hear them read or write in their journals, I tear up with so much joy! I can't believe what wonderful readers and writers they are becoming! Today, we made the CUTEST snowman project with their names. They each received a piece of paper with a snowman face and circles on it. In each circle they wrote a letter of their name ensuring that their name began with a capital letter and the ones that followed were lowercase. Next, they cut out all the circles and they glued them on a blue piece of paper to create a snowman with their name. Their favorite part was adding all the fun detail to their snowman and the background. They had so much fun making their snowmen today and it was fun walking around the classroom to see all the smiles and joy they were having in their learning today! Here are some pictures that I took of the finished snowmen. I hung them up in our kindergarten hallway for all of Olive to enjoy! Each time we walk in and out of the classroom, my kindergarten friends have so much fun finding their snowman and looking at all the ones their classmates made. It was such a fun project to make today!