K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Thursday, March 10, 2022

In math this week, we have been learning all about flat shapes (2D) and solid shapes (3D). I am amazed with how quickly they are learning the names of the shapes and how well they are able to describe them to me. I also love hearing how they can explain the differences among them too. To go along with all they are learning about shapes, we did a mini-book today where they were given a shape and they had to draw something in the real world that resembled that shape. I also asked them to write the name of the object with their "brave spelling" that they drew on the page. They came up with some very creative things and I was so proud of their drawings and how well they spelled the words they wanted to write! It is truly AMAZING! Wow! Way to go, K-1 and K-3!