K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, March 3, 2023

 Today, we had a cultural arts assembly that was SO MUCH fun! The morning class LOVED it and it was wonderful seeing many of my afternoon friends at the assembly this morning too! Thank you to all of you who have a child in the afternoon that brought your child this morning. It was fun having them at the assembly today and having them sit with my morning class! They were wonderful during the assembly!

In class today, we did a directed draw leprechaun today! I taught the class how to draw the leprechaun following my step-by-step directions until our drawing was complete. They all did a great job watching and listening to my directions to ensure they were drawing the right shapes on their papers. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! When we finished drawing the leprechaun with pencil, we traced it with black sharpies. Next, they colored specific things on their leprechaun specific colors. When we were done coloring, they got to use watercolor paints to paint the blue background. I was AMAZED with how wonderful ALL the leprechauns turned out!

























For the last part of our day, we did some handwriting! They are all doing such a beautiful job writing their letters and words on the lines. I am so impressed! I am also so proud of how well they know the different kinds of punctuation and why an author would use each kind at the end of a sentence. Great job, kindergarten friends!








HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE!