K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

 In reader's workshop last week, we began studying the genre of nonfiction. Both classes have really enjoyed learning about this genre and how these books are different from fiction books. In class today, I taught them about what a biography is and we read one today about Jane Goodall. The classes LOVED reading this story about Jane and learning about her life as a young child and her dream of working in Africa to live with wild animals and write all about them. To go along with this lesson about biographies, I asked the class to write about what their dream is when they grow up. They had to finish the sentence of I want to........... and draw a picture of themselves doing it in the cloud below on the paper. I asked them to draw a picture, color it with realistic colors and label it. I was BLOWN AWAY with their fabulous writing and amazing detailed pictures! Wow!! I teared up reading them as I showed them all to the class today. I was so impressed with how much they have grown as writers and illustrators and I am so proud of all of them! WOW!!!! Here are some pictures of what they wrote and drew about:















In math we began a new chapter where we are learning about comparing sets of 11 to 20. They did a great job with this math lesson today and I was very impressed with how well they did on the three math workbook pages they worked on independently in their math books. Way to go, K-1 and K-3 friends! My kinder friends are really plugging along in kindergarten and learning so much! They are going to be more than ready for first grade and I couldn't be more proud of them!