K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, April 14, 2023

 We've had a busy week in K-1 and K-3! In math, we have been learning number facts to 10 and combining facts to show what we know with colored cubes. They are doing great learning this new concept and showing me their understanding of addition. I am so proud of how quickly they have all learned it and are putting it into practice! 














In reader's workshop, we just finished learning all about the nonfiction genre. They had so much fun diving into all these books and studying it's features, organizational structures, and big selection of topics as we compared, contrasted and synthesized our learning. They loved learning about "real" things and connecting it with things they have experienced themselves. It was such a fun unit!

In writing, I am blown away with how far they have ALL come as writers! They are all writing one or two sentences independently with confidence and are having so much fun being authors and illustrators in the classroom. I am impressed with their detailed drawings, labeling and well thought out sentences. I LOVE all the confidence they all have in writing words on their own with their brave spelling where they are writing unknown words by applying what they learned in Jolly Phonics. It has been so exciting for me to see! I also love how beautifully they are writing all their words on the lines the correct way now that we have finished our Handwriting Without Tears handwriting program. Way to go, K-1 and K-3 friends!








In reading, they have all taken off as readers and I love when I get to meet with them each week to see the wonderful growth they are making as readers and writers! It is time where I get to meet with each of my small groups to read with all of them and do some intense word work. They are ALL doing amazing and it makes me smile to see the confidence they are finding in themselves as readers!












With all this fabulous learning, we have also taken a "brain break" each day to go outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather we are having. This week has been amazing!












It's been a really fun week and each day that passes by I am more and more amazed with how much they are growing as learners! They are all going to be more than ready for first grade next year! Have a great weekend, everyone!