K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

 We've been busy owls in K-1 and K-3! We are moving right along in Jolly Phonics and we finished another set of 6 letter sounds. I am so amazed with how well my kinder friends know the letter sounds and how well they are able to identify and blend them together to read unknown words! We have been doing a lot of reading and writing words that contain the letter sounds we have already learned. Both classes have been so excited realizing they are reading words on their own and it has made me tear up to hear them read them out loud to me! Yay, K-1 and K-3! With finishing another set of letters, we had a  Jolly Phonics review day today where we watched a Jolly Phonics movie about the sounds we learned and we did a sound sort to practice them too. They ALL did a wonderful job on their sound sorts! 








In handwriting, I taught both classes how to write the numbers 4-6 with the correct number formation on our small chalkboards using the wet-dry-try method. They did a great job and got the hang of it very quickly! Some of the numbers are tricky to make and they did a great job! They had fun showing me what they learned when completing the workbook pages for numbers 4-6 in their handwriting workbooks. Way to go, K-1 and K-3!







In math, we continued to learn about the numbers 1-5 understanding the quantity and how to write the numbers the correct way along with understanding the number order as well. We also talked about how you can count up to 5 from the number 0 but you can also countdown from 5 as well. We practice counting up and counting down so that they understood the number order in both sequences. They are having so much fun in math and it's fun to see the success they are all experiencing as learners! Today many of my kinders told me they didn't want to go home and that they wanted to stay all day! It made me smile! Awe.....it made my day to know they are having so much fun in kindergarten and they are enjoying their time here with me and their kindergarten friends! Finding the joy in learning is so very important! Have a great rest of your day, everyone!