K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, March 15, 2024

Today, we had a visit from the Irish Dance Company where we got to see all the Irish dancers perform. We recognized two special dancers on stage. Great job, Grace and Lila! It was such a fun assembly and the kids were wonderful during the assembly!

In class today, we did a directed draw leprechaun today! I taught the class how to draw the leprechaun following my step-by-step directions until our drawing was complete. They all did a great job watching and listening to my directions to ensure they were drawing the right shapes on their papers. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! When we finished drawing the leprechaun with pencil, we traced it with black crayons. Next, they colored specific things on their leprechaun specific colors. When we were done coloring, they got to use watercolor paints to paint the blue background. I was AMAZED with how wonderful ALL the leprechauns turned out! To finish the project they got to use their creativity to finish the prompt of: "At the end of the rainbow, I would find....." I loved reading all their responses and I was so proud of how well they sounded out the sentences they wanted to write! Way to go, kinder friends!