K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

 We have been busy owls in K-1 and K-3! In Jolly Phonics we learned the letter sounds/motions for the letters i and p. With learning more letters, both classes have been able to sound out more and more words. They have been so excited when they realize they sounded out a word all by themselves! I LOVE seeing all the BIG smiles on their faces as they see the growth they are making each day in my class!

















In math, I have continued to teach the concept of same and different. We have also been working on how to count objects one-to-one to ensure they are counting things correctly and working on writing numbers 1-4. They have LOVED our math lessons and look forward to filling out the math workbook pages with all we are learning!

With it being the first day of September tomorrow, I sent home our September sight words for the month. I introduced them all to the class and we will continue to work on the 8 sight words this whole month so that they can identify them quickly while seeing them. I told all my kinder friends that they should be cutting out the words at home in the sight word packet and gluing them all on index cards. If they can, I asked them to hole punch each card and add them to a ring. If they can't, I asked them to keep the cards together in a stack. I told them that each day they should be flash carding through the sight words so they are practicing them each day. I always tell them that "Practice makes better!" I don't believe that anything is perfect but the more we practice, the better we can get at something! They did such a great job practicing the sight words today and they were excited to add these new words to their sight word vocabulary! They are well on their way to beginning to read! 

Today, we had our reading portion of MAP testing. Both classes did a wonderful job for their first time and I was so impressed! Way to go, K-1 and K-3! On friday, we will have the math portion of our MAP testing.