K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

We had such a fun day today in K-1 and K-3! The kids are doing such a wonderful job getting used to the kindergarten routine and enjoying each day with all their "new" kindergarten friends! Today in class, we did a following directions activity where they made a balloon bouquet out of square colored construction paper. I taught them how to turn a square into a circle by simply cutting a little bit off all four corners and rounding it out. When they did this, they had 6 balloons in 6 different colors to make a balloon bouquet. Before making this project, I told them this was an activity where they would have to be a really good listeners so that they could do the project from start to finish on their own. I told them that I wanted to see how well they could do it without any of my help. We met as a class on the big rug where I gave them step-by-step directions on how to complete the project until it was complete. I LOVE doing these projects because it's always so much fun for me to see how my kinder friends' projects turn out when given the same directions. I like seeing how their individual personalities shine through in their projects when they are complete. They all did a fabulous job and they had so much fun making this project today!





















After making this fun project, we took a "brain break" and we headed outside for some playtime on the playground. They all had so much fun playing tag with one another, going on the slides, swinging on the swings and climbing on the playground structure. It's fun to see their cute interactions with one another and the friendships that are being formed!  Lots of BIG smiles and giggles on the playground!





When we got back inside the classroom, we did some math where we learned about the numbers 1 and 2. We did a few pages in our math workbooks so that they could practice what we learned on their own. They LOVED doing math today and did a great job in our math lesson! 

It was  fun day in K-1 and K-3 and I am looking forward to starting our Jolly Phonics program with both classes tomorrow! Have a wonderful night, everyone!