K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Thursday, December 1, 2022

 With today being the first day of December, we made our December calendars. Both classes were so excited and I LOVED seeing all the creative ideas they put into making them. They all turned out so cute! The calendars we make in class give my kinder friends wonderful practice with writing their numbers 1-31 with the correct number formation, number recognition, problem solving, following step-by-step directions, and strengthening their fine motor skills with cutting, writing and coloring. It also gives them the opportunity to use their creativity into designing their own project to give it their own unique details. They had so much fun making their calendars. The room was full of smiles, giggles, and proud voices when they finished making their calendars today! I heard a lot of things such as "Mrs. Naughten look at my cute gingerbread girl/boy!" or "Mrs. Naughten, I had so much fun making my calendar today!" What a fun day in kindergarten!



































After making our calendars today, we did an activity where they had to fill in a sentence with a missing word. The sentence had a picture next to it that gave my kinder friends an idea of what the missing word would be. From finishing Jolly Phonics, we are now working on putting all the learned sounds into practice where they are reading and writing words. I have been amazed how quickly both classes have been able to read words on their own or how well they are able to write words too. I am so PROUD!!!