K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Monday, August 21, 2023

Day 3

Today in both classes, we began our Jolly Phonics program. We learned all about the letter "Ss" today. We learned the name of the letter, the sound and motion it makes and how to write the letter correctly on the lines. Both classes applied what they learned about the letter "Ss" in telling me some words that began with that letter too. They did a wonderful job with the lesson and I was impressed how well they did telling me things they could think of that began with the learned letter and finding things in their packet on their own that began with it as well. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! To help my kinder friends practice what they learned about the letter, we did an "Ss" practice page in their Jolly Phonics packet and we glued the letter in their Jolly Phonics sound book. Whenever we learn a new letter in class, we will do a practice page in class where they are applying what they learned on their own. For homework, I will ask them to find four things that begin with that letter sound and glue or draw them in their sound book. For the first few letters we are learning this week, we are doing their sound book homework together and I am keeping them here at school. Next week, I will be sending their sound books home where they will complete the homework at home each day and send it back so I can check off that they completed it. They will be bringing their sound books to and from school each day until we are done learning all of the Jolly Phonics program. I will talk to you more in depth about this at Curriculum Night. Here are some pictures of my kinder friends learning all about the letter "Ss" today:














Besides Jolly Phonics, we also had a technology lesson with our technology facilitator at Olive. They learned how to download an App called Seesaw on their own Ipads and they had a little bit of time to do some exploring on the program. It was a good introductory lesson for my kindergarten friends on how to use their Ipads, how to use their Clever badges and how to download apps onto their Ipad that we will be using in class for learning. 

We also had Art today with Mrs. Maloney! Both classes were so excited to go to Art today and meet their Art teacher. 

It's going to be a wonderful year! Both of my kindergarten classes are wonderful and I am so impressed with how well they are learning the kindergarten routine and each other. They are all so sweet, polite and our room is full of smiles and giggles! I am looking forward to another wonderful day with my kindergarten friends tomorrow!