K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

How is it January already? Wow...time flies!

I LOVE greeting my kinders back at school today! I have missed them all so much! It was so fun seeing them as they all came into the classroom with HUGE smiles and excited hellos and hugs! I was amazed with how well they have adjusted so quickly back to our kindergarten routine today and how well they all listened and followed directions. What a fun morning! I can't wait to see my afternoon kinders soon!

Today in class, we made our January calendars. My kinder friends had so much fun making their calendars and seeing all the exciting things that are happening in our classroom and at Olive. They LOVED learning how to make snowflakes out of paper and the surprise of seeing how they turned out when they opened them. Their calendars turned out great and it was so fun to see how different they all were with everyone's snowflake creations! Here are some pictures of my kinder friends with their January calendars:
















After we made our calendars, we had a brain break where the class enjoyed playing with one another for awhile! The room was full of excitement, giggles, and lots of smiles! To end our morning, we did a little word work where we practice writing word on whiteboards. I am excited to see the growth all my kinder friends are making in sounding out the words and spelling them correctly on their own. They are doing such a good job of implementing what they learned in Jolly Phonics in their writing! Yay!!!! Stay warm everyone!