K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Thursday, January 25, 2024

What a fun week!!!

In both classes, I read the story, Snowman At Night, and we did a fun activity to go along with it. I asked the class to write a sentence or two about what they would do if they were a snowman and came alive at night just like the ones in the story! I was so PROUD of all of their wonderful writing and how well they placed their words on the lines correctly. They are all growing as writers and it's so fun to see! After they finished writing, we did a little snowman art project above it that included ripping paper and gluing it on paper to create the snowman's face and various other steps following my step-by-step directions. Their snowman projects turned out amazing and we had so much fun looking at all of them when the classes were finished! They were all so excited about how they turned out the all begged me to let them take them home. They were beyond excited to show you them! Way to go, K-1 and K-3!





This week I have also began doing guided reading groups where I get to meet with all my kinders in small groups of 4 or 5. These groups are with other friends that are at their same reading level. We work on learning things that "good readers" and "good" writers do. We read books together and work on the learned skills I teach them along with doing some word work as well! They LOVE that they get to write on my rainbow table while working on their word work. It's so cute to see the excitement they are all having in learning. I absolutely LOVE this time with all my kinder friends and getting this special small group time with them! I am blown away with how well they are developing as readers and writers! It is SO exciting!!








In math, we have been learning all about 2D and 3D shapes. They are LOVING this math unit and I am amazed with how fast they have learned the names of these tricky new shapes! Way to go, K-1 and K-3!!!

Other than that, we are plugging away with our Handwriting Without Tears program and growing tremendously as learners! I am beyond proud of how much they are all learning and they have all taken off as learners!