K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Monday, February 12, 2024

Happy Birthday, Abraham Lincoln!

With it being Abraham Lincoln's birthday today and President's Day on the 19th, we learned all about Abraham Lincoln today and why he was such an important president. We watched a Brainpop Jr. movie about him and I also read my kinders a book about him too. Through the movie and the book, we learned a lot of wonderful facts that really stuck with my kindergarten friends. To showcase what my classes learned today, we did a paper Abraham Lincoln following directions activity and I also asked the class to write one or two facts that they learned about him today. I was so impressed with how well they followed my step-by-step directions in making their Abraham Lincoln and how great they did writing their own sentences to tell me what they learned. I was blown away today! Way go go, K-1 and K-3! Here are some pictures I took of the class today: