K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, February 9, 2024

Tacky The Penguin

  


Today we read the story, Tacky The Penguin which was a cute story about an odd little penguin who's unique qualities saved the day. As we read the story, we giggled and had fun talking about the story as we read it together. To go along with this story, we made a penguin project which was a listening and following directions activity. They did great following my step-by-step instructions to ensure that their penguin looked just like mine when they were finished. For the last part of the project, I had them do some writing where I asked them finish my sentence starter of "My favorite part was when....." I was blown away today with how amazing they did making their penguins and how well they did with their writing using their "brave spelling!" They were so excited to bring their penguins home today to share with you! Here are some pictures I took of both classes with their adorable penguin projects. Of course they had to take a few silly ones! :)