K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, September 13, 2024

What a fun Friday!

Today, I have to share with all of you that I stood in front of my classroom and actually started crying but in tears of JOY!! Today was so much fun being their teacher! I saw students spreading kindness with one another, doing an excellent job following directions and working hard at their table spots while the room was also filled with giggles and BIG smiles! Today truly warmed my heart! Friendships have formed and comfortability has set in where each and every one of my friends feel safe taking risks in trying new things and even asking friends to do new things with them! Oh...what a fun day!

In literacy, I carried over the lesson we learned yesterday about nouns. Yes! Your child is learning about what a noun is in kindergarten and they did a great job learning it! They learned it's people, places or things OR anything they can point to. We learned a song about nouns and we had fun singing it plugging in classmates names as we sang it out loud. Then we did a little activity at their seat where I asked them to draw themselves in a box and write their name because their name is a noun and they also had to draw a picture of a friend in the class and write their name too because that person is a noun as well ( I helped by writing the friend's name), When drawing the pictures, I have shown them that they should draw the picture first with pencil and color it with crayons. Only because we cannot erase crayon so if they make a mistake with a pencil, we can still fix it. Their drawings of themselves and their friends were FABULOUS! On the other side was a description of what a noun was and I asked them to color it on their own with their best coloring. This side would help them tell you what they learned about nouns. I was blown away! Great job, K-1!





Then, we learned all about the letters Xx, Yy, and Zz. We learned how to form the letters the correct way from top to bottom and how to place them on the lines correctly! It is tricky using the lines but they are making progress each and every day. On the backside, the practiced making some shapes on the lines that will help them with line placement and forming future letters. Great job, K-1!








In math, we did a few review pages where they are showing me what they learned about the numbers 0-5. They are number experts in those numbers now and I am so impressed with how well they are writing them on their own now. The numbers 2 and 5 were a bit tricky to learn in making them from top to bottom. 

After lunch/recess today we had gym and music. It's always their favorite day when we have the two specials! When they came back I did a fun project with them. We did a name project where they had to trace the letters of their name with glue and put on confetti pieces of paper to have their name stand out like lights. They turned out so cute! I can't wait to hang them up in our classroom on Monday when they are fully dry! With today being our first day using glue bottles, I was very impressed!








After that, we cleaned up and we did a "following directions" activity. I gave each friend a picture of a house and I gave them step by step directions where they had to listen to what I said and color it at their seat with those specific directions. Wow!!! They did wonderful! 

These were the activity directions. The kids did great!





Lastly, we ended our day with their favorite time of the day....PLAYTIME!!!!!! Today we had a doctor's office, a restaurant, and lots of friends building some amazing creations and houses out of magna tiles, blocks and other things. Seeing the interactions amongst the class and the cute friendships melts my heart! The joy I experience seeing the fun they have with one another during playtime is just the CUTEST! Have a great weekend, everyone!