K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

 In math today, we learned about addition sentences. Both classes practiced hearing some addition stories and plugging in the information from the story into the addition sentences. They all did a wonderful job and I was SO impressed with how quickly they could figure out the answer to the addition problems when the sum was within 10. It was FANTASTIC!! 

Next, we did "Weekend News" where both classes wrote about something they did over the weekend. I asked them to draw a detailed picture of something they did first where they drew it with pencil, colored it and labeled it. When they finished their picture, I then asked them to write one or two sentences about what they did using their "brave spelling." I also asked them to remember to do the three things good writers do such as beginning their sentence with a capital letter, putting finger spaces between their words and ending their sentences with punctuation. They did AMAZING! I was so amazed that I kept asking both classes if they sure they weren't 3rd graders. I was so proud of all their hard work and their writing was wonderful!













 

After math and "Weekend News," we headed outside for a well-deserved brain break. Both classes LOVED being able to go outside and play on the playground with all their kindergarten friends! It was fun seeing them all running around together with big smiles and having fun playing with one another! 

In the afternoon class, I had a little more time in our day so we did some word work in shaving cream. The class was so excited about this fun activity and they had so much fun writing words in messy shaving cream. I kept hearing, " Mrs. Naughten, I could do this forever! It is so much fun!" They LOVED it and I was so proud of how well they were all writing the words I said out loud on their own by sounding them out. Way to go, K-3! The morning class will be doing this tomorrow. Here are some pictures of our shaving cream fun:









Today made me smile and it filled my heart with so much joy! My kindergarten friends are thriving and with each activity they did today, I had so much fun seeing the growth they have all made. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! It's such an honor being their teacher this year!