K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Thursday, March 4, 2021

 Today was "Silly Socks" day in kindergarten where I read the class the Dr. Seuss' book called, Fox In Socks, and we wrote about the silly socks we wore to school today. The class had so much fun seeing all the fun socks that the class and I wore today. There were mis-matched socks, socks with funny pictures on them and socks that had things hanging off of them. The room was full of excitement and giggles for our fun day! For our writing activity today, I asked the class to add detail to the socks picture I gave them so that they would look like the ones they wore to school today. Then I asked them to color it and label it. Next, I asked them to finish the writing prompt that was on the sheet of paper where I asked them to write why their socks were so silly. They all did a FABULOUS job! I was so impressed! They are becoming braver and stronger writers everyday! I LOVED the confidence I saw in all my kindergarten friends as they wrote about their socks today. Way to go, K-1 and K-3!





















When the class was finished with their silly socks activity, I asked them to do a hidden picture activity. For this activity, they used a color key that told them what color to color specific numbers on the 100 chart. When they were done coloring all the numbers, it revealed a hidden picture which was the Cat In The Hat. They LOVED doing this activity and I loved seeing the excitement in their faces when the picture was revealed. It was too cute! This activity was wonderful for number recognition! Way to go, K-1 and K-3!



In math today, I began a new unit where it focused on comparing objects by one attribute. The class did a great job with the lesson and I was impressed how well they implemented what they learned in filling out the student workbook pages all on their own. Yay!




In K-3 today, we got to celebrate Harry's 6th Birthday with him. The class LOVED singing "Happy Birthday" and celebrating him today. Happy Birthday, Harry!