K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Friday, January 20, 2023

 It's been a great week in kindergarten! We have been learning so much and I am so impressed with how quickly all my kinder friends are picking up all the new concepts we are learning!

In math this week, we began learning all about flat shapes (2D) and solid shapes (3D). I am amazed with how quickly they are learning the names of the shapes and how well they are able to describe them to me. I also love hearing how they can explain the differences among them too. To go along with all they are learning about shapes, we have been doing a lot of activities where they are getting to show me what they have learned. I am so impressed! Way to go, K-1 and K-3!

In handwriting, we have been working very hard on learning how to place words and sentences correctly on the lines. They have been doing a great job ensuring that when they are writing, they are writing nice and neat and writing the words correctly on the lines so they aren't floating. Their writing looks beautiful and I am so impressed!

This week has been really exciting for my kinders because I have also started guided reading groups this week. This is where I get to meet with all of my kindergarteners in a very small group and teach them reading strategies and help them grow individually as readers and writers. I LOVE this time I get to spend with all my kindergarteners and have the opportunity to help them flourish as readers!

Today in class, we read a book called Sneezy The Snowman which was about a snowman who had a cold. He tried many things to help him feel better but there was just one at the end that cured his bad cold. They LOVED hearing this story and chiming in on the repetitive part of it as we read it together. To go along with the story, I did a directed draw lesson with my kinders where I taught them how to draw a snowman. These activities are wonderful because they help my kinders with following directions. They did AMAZING and their snowmen turned out fantastic! They were so excited when they were done drawing, coloring and painting them. They are so excited to bring them home today to share them with you! Here are some pictures of the both classes making  their snowman projects:












 














Have a great weekend, everyone!