K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

I have LOVED having my kinders back in the classroom the past two days after our long winter break! I have been amazed with how well they have adjusted so quickly to our kindergarten routine and how well they are listening and following directions. The past two days have been so much fun and I have loved every second of seeing their smiley faces back in the classroom and the excitement they all have in learning!

On Tuesday, we made our January calendars in class. My kinder friends had so much fun making their calendars and seeing all the exciting things that are happening in our classroom and at Olive. They LOVED learning how to make snowflakes out of paper and adding them to their January calendars.

Today we were really busy owls and completed a lot in class! In math, we learned more about teen numbers and how to show them correctly on ten frames to understand the quantity of each number. When we practiced using ten frames today, I was so impressed with how well they were able to show me the amount of each number on their ten frames. They did great! 







In handwriting, we learned how to form a few more lowercase letters so they sat appropriately on the lines and we learned how to make them the right way from top to bottom. I am so impressed with how far all my kindergarten friends' handwriting has come and how nice and neat they are writing letters and words on the lines! Way to go, K-1 and K-3!






Both classes LOVED the project we made today in class. We made a snowman name project where I asked each kindergarten friend to write their name by writing a letter on each of the snowballs. They glued them on a blue piece of construction paper in order to display their name as a snowman. To make the project fun and unique, I asked my kinder friends to use their creativity into adding more detail to their snowman name such as snow, snowflakes in falling in the background, and adding a hat, scarf and arms tot their snowman. They LOVED making this project and I loved seeing all the creative details they added to their projects! I hung them up in the hall outside of our classroom for all of Olive to admire. It was such a fun last two days in K-1 and K-3 and I am looking forward to the remainder of the week with all my kindergarten friends!