K-1 and K-3

K-1 and K-3

Thursday, January 26, 2023

 Today in kindergarten, we have continued to review all those "tricky" 2D and 3D shapes in math. To help them solidify learning the names and what they looked like, I had them do two fun shape activities. For one of them, they needed to follow the color key at the top and color objects on the page the correct color of the 3D shape it resembled. They all did a FANTASTIC job! The other activity was a shape hunt. For this activity I asked them to find 2 things in the classroom that resembled a square, triangle, circle and rectangle. I asked them to draw the two things in the boxes for each shape. They had so much fun looking around the classroom to find things that resembled the 2D shapes. Way to go, K-1 and K-3! I think they are all becoming shape experts!







After math, we took a well-deserved "brain break" and they had fun playing with one another during indoor recess. 

After recess, I got to meet with two more guided reading groups where I got to read a book with all of them to see how they are growing as readers and teach them some things good writers do. They did a wonderful job writing today and I was so impressed with how well they know their sight words! Wow! While I was meeting with reading groups, the rest of the class worked on two activities that helped them grow as readers and writers too. Before I met with my groups, I modeled how to do the activities to ensure they knew what I expected and how to do them successfully on their own. They did a great job doing the activities at their table spots while I met with my two groups! They are all well on their way to becoming confident readers and writers! 

It was another fun-filled day in kindergarten and I am blown away each day with all the wonderful things they are learning and doing in my class!